Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tennessee Valley Author Event Photo Recap

On July 12 I was in Knoxville for the Tennessee Valley Author Event, a one day mega-signing (there were dozens of authors). I had a FANTASTIC time. Seriously, this event was really well-organized and a lot of fun. Here are some of my favorite photos:

This is the banner I brought along. Okay, one of them. I have a thing for banners. 

Photo courtesy of Kimberly T.

And this is the model I brought along. Andrew is on the cover of my Always a Marine Box Set. He was there to help out by doing things like helping me get those banners up, posing in photos and tying on handcuff charm bracelets for readers. What handcuff charm bracelets, you ask? These:


My table at the signing.

With reader Lorie.

THANK YOU to all the readers who came to see me at my table, chatted with me, had books signed and generally made my day awesome. :)


Mid-way through the event, I got pretty excited about this. Weirdly excited about a box lunch, some might say. The big deal (to me) was that it was gluten-free! When people tell me there'll be gluten-free food at an event, I usually take it with a grain of salt because typically, it's not true. Not only was it true in this case, buy guys, it was not a salad. Not a salad. There were carbs, including two glorious brownies. I was impressed.

Author group photo! We were actually missing some. There were a lot of authors.


After the signing, Andrew and I headed to the AuthorFEST after party at the official hotel. After final call there, I somehow managed to talk a group of people into going to Mellow Mushroom (I love that place). We had a good time with author Kailin Gow and two awesome readers, which I attempted to commemorate with a group table selfie. Tried. It was perhaps not my finest photography moment.


And then there was the after party's after party, at the Wild Wing Cafe.


In case you can't tell by the fact that I've announced it several times, I really enjoyed TNVAE. I hope there's another one in the future. If there is, I'll see you in Knoxville then!

P.S. Want to attend an author /reader event? I've got some more coming up. You can see my schedule and get more info here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!!

    As a vegan (who is gluten intolerant), I am always super psyched when I can eat the food (that isn't a salad), so I understand. Hurray! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, I love a good salad, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people think we can actually survive off of just lettuce. LOL

      Delete